Padel United Uk
Codes of Conduct
All members of staff and volunteers agree to:
· Prioritise the well-being of all children, adults and employees at risk at all times
· Treat all children and adults at risk fairly and with respect
· Be a positive role model to all. Act with integrity, even when no one is looking
· Help to create a safe fun and inclusive environment both on and off court
· Not allow any rough or dangerous behaviour, bullying physically and emotionally or the use of bad or inappropriate language.
· Report all allegations of abuse or poor practice to the club Welfare Officer
· Not use any sanctions that humiliate or harm a child or adult at risk
· Value and celebrate diversity and make all reasonable efforts to meet individual needs
· Keep clear boundaries between professional and personal life, including on social media
· Have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos
· Refrain from making physical contact with children or adults unless it is necessary as part of an emergency or congratulatory (e.g. handshake / high five)
· Refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol during club activities or coaching sessions unless permitted and in the designated areas.
· Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly outlined and everyone has the required information and training
· Avoid being alone with a child or adult at risk unless there are exceptional circumstances
· No transporting children or adults at risk, unless in an exceptional circumstance and this will have to be confirmed with club manager.
· Not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interpreted as such
· Not have a relationship with anyone under 18 for whom they are coaching or responsible for
· Not to have a relationship with anyone over 18 whilst continuing to coach or be responsible for them
All children agree to:
· Be friendly, supportive and welcoming to other children and adults
· Play fairly and honestly
· Respect club staff, volunteers and Officials and accept their decisions
· Behave, respect and listen to your coach
· Take care of your equipment and club property
· Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, culture, religion or sexual identity
· Not use bad, inappropriate or racist language, including on social media
· Will play all matches and tournaments in the best spirit of the game and not bring the game into disrepute.
· To not bully, intimidate or harass anyone, including on social media or in an other forms
· To encourage and applaud good play and support in a positive manner. to understanding good etiquette when clapping on unforced errors.
· Not smoke, drink alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions or events.
· Talk to the club Welfare Officer about any concerns or worries they have about themselves or others
All adults agree to:
· Positively reinforce your child and show an interest in their tennis
· All parents to complete and sign parental consent forms online at
· Use appropriate language at all times
· Be realistic and supportive
· Never ridicule or admonish a child or an adult for making a mistake or losing a match
· Treat all children, adults, volunteers, coaches, officials and members of staff with respect and enhance positive reinforcement.
· Behave responsibly at the venue; do not embarrass your child
· Not use bad, inappropriate or racist language, including on social media or in any other forms.
· Not bully, intimidate or harass anyone, including on social media
· Accept the official’s decisions and do not go on court or interfere with matches
· Encourage your child to play by the rules, and teach them that they can only do their best
· Deliver and collect your child punctually from the venue
· Ensure your child has appropriate clothing for the weather conditions
· Ensure that your child understands their code of conduct
· All children under the age of 11 needs to be always supervised.
· All children under the age of 11 who are not engaged in a structured session can not be allowed on the courts or between the courts and near the court entrances at any time.
· Adhere to your venue’s safeguarding policy, diversity and inclusion policy, rules and regulations
· Provide emergency contact details and any relevant information about your child including medical history